March 21, 2020

Elkhorn Athletic Association Family:

It seems like every day there is a new federal, state or local update on the Coronavirus (COVID-19) that requires attention, contingency planning and additional communication. As previously committed, the health and safety of our players, parents and coaches are our primary concerns.  EAA will follow the current mandate and guidance shutting down all team activities until at least April 30, 2020. All practices, scrimmages, events and/or games (including tournaments), scheduled prior to April 30th will be postponed due to the governmental mandate. We remain committed to providing our athletes with spring/summer programming, and we will resume regular operations as soon as it is deemed safe.  

We are not unlike other organizations and businesses trying to respond to the ever-changing situation and processing all the critical information. The EAA team continues to work and plan for the future but we understand there is a lot of uncertainty for everyone. There have been a few inquiries about refunds and our position is we are not issuing or considering refunds until we have a definitive plan for the season. This approach is consistent with the other area youth sports organizations. 

Thank you all for understanding and your ongoing support during this unprecedented generational global crisis. We look forward to our kids being back on the fields playing games they love soon. 

Bruce O’Neel
Executive Director

March 18, 2020

Elkhorn Athletic Association Family:

We hope all of you have been finding ways to cope with the challenges that have been presented to us during this difficult time.  As with previous challenges we have encountered, we will face them head on and work diligently to get things back on track as quickly as possible.  Our EAA Family is truly special, and we cannot wait to get back on the field with our athletes- it’s what we love to do!

Unfortunately, all EAA programs will continue to be suspended until at least March 31.  We are committed to providing our athletes with spring programming, and we will resume regular operations as soon as it is deemed safe to do so.  We will continue to assess the situation on a daily basis and will make a decision on whether or not we can hold a spring season as soon as possible.

Our current situation is unprecedented and requires re-evaluation of our policies and practices. It is too early to declare the spring season is canceled, but it is likely we will have to modify some of our programs. We will be transparent and broadly communicate our plans once we get past the current suspension imposed by federal, state and city officials. 

Below is a statement from the newly formed “AreaYouth Sports Coalition.”  EAA has been actively involved in discussions with other area youth sports leaders and organizations.  Together, we will continue to make the best possible decisions for our athletes, coaches and families.

From the “Area Youth Sports Coalition”

Parents and Coaches,

In an effort to support the regional youth sports community and protect the health and safety of our players, several organizations have been meeting to monitor the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation. The organizations noted below are planning to reconvene twice a week to assess next steps for the upcoming spring and summer seasons.

Most organizations have suspended team practices to further review the situation and are evaluating current information. At this point none of the organizations are considering cancelling their seasons. So many of our organizations have teams scheduled to play one another, any decision by one organization would have broad implications and we are committed to working together.

There are several factors to consider:

  • Direction and guidelines of local health departments and government officials

  • Player safety and parent concerns

  • Community youth sports have different spectator implications than High School, NCAA or Professional Sports. 

  • Limit spectator interaction at games

  • Increase sanitary protocols during games

  • Resume schedules after temporary moratorium or adjust schedules with fewer games or delaying the start of the season (play in June, July and/or August)

  • Financial implications: most organizations have spent registration funds buying balls, field maintenance products, renting indoor space, purchasing equipment/uniforms and buying insurance.

Please be patient as there are probably more questions than answers currently. Our primary concern is the health and safety of our players, parents and coaches. As this is a rapidly evolving situation and we will continue to monitor and provide updates accordingly. 


Bellevue Elite

Neb Force/Omaha Force

Bennington Athletic League

Neb Quakes

Elkhorn Athletic Association

Neb Quakes

Elkhorn Soccer Club

Neb Thunder

Gretna Youth Baseball/Softball 

Omaha Suburban

Keystone Cobras

Papillion Outlaws

Lincoln Sox

Neb Gold 

Millard United Sports

Papillion Storm Chasers

Neb Echoes

Ultimate Baseball Academy